Established in 1952, Marsden provides integrated facility management services, including janitorial, security, and HVAC maintenance services, to a wide variety of commercial clients. The Company was purchased from Skip Marsden in 2002. Since then, it has grown both organically and through over 40 follow-on acquisitions, increasing its revenues more than five-fold. Marsden serves customers in 48 states with over 9,000 employees.
Some examples of Marsden’s acquisition activities include:
- American Security, L.L.C. has provided security and investigative services since 1959. It is one of the largest independently owned security agencies in the Midwest.
- Caretakers Building Maintenance, L.L.C. was founded in 1991, and provides comprehensive commercial cleaning services in Arizona.
- CleanPower, L.L.C. was founded in Milwaukee in 1969 and was Wisconsin’s first commercial carpet cleaning company. Today, CleanPower is Wisconsin’s leading full-service contract cleaning provider.
- Marsden Building Maintenance, L.L.C. has provided cleaning, building maintenance and specialty services to large and small businesses for more than 65 years.
- National Maintenance Contractors, L.L.C. was founded in 1970 and provides commercial cleaning and building maintenance services in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
- Paradise Building Services of Claremont, California offers its clients high quality janitorial housekeeping, floor care, window washing, landscaping, carpet cleaning and parking services.
- Scioto, L.L.C. has provided cleaning services in Ohio for more than 25 years. Specializing in commercial and industrial cleaning, Scioto also offers production support services and acts as a distributor of cleaning supplies.of cleaning supplies.
Most of the management team members who were in place at the time of acquisition, including the CEO, have continued in their roles or have been promoted to expanded roles.
Founded in 1939, General Parts distributes parts and provides service to over 60,000 customers and 400 manufacturers of commercial foodservice equipment. Through its headquarters in Bloomington, Minnesota and 30 branches, the Company is positioned to provide quality service with over 200 technicians operating in 27 states. In its industry, General Parts ranks among the top five independent service companies nationally. It is also one of the country’s largest distributors of commercial kitchen equipment parts.
Encore One purchased General Parts in 2006. Since then, the Company has grown organically and through several follow-on acquisitions, increasing its revenues almost three-fold. Most members of the management team who were in place at the time of acquisition have either continued in their roles or were promoted to expanded roles.
Founded in 1970, fka Fidelity Bank now Scale Bank offers a full range of business banking services to companies throughout the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area.
Scale was purchased from local businessmen in 2005. The Bank has total assets of approximately $600 million, is well-capitalized, has a high-quality loan portfolio, and has generated solid results. The members of the senior management team, and most of the commercial lenders, have remained with the Bank since the acquisition.
Codeworks was founded in 1995 in Brookfield, WI. The Company provides information technology consulting and full-service staffing services, including talent acquisition and management services, to large corporations and government entities that need to identify, recruit, and employ technical IT talent.
Codeworks became a portfolio company in 2018 and is still led by the same management team that led the business under the prior ownership. Codeworks is actively exploring acquisition opportunities.
Why Encore One?